Place:


Llanfaredd  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfaredd like this:

LLANVARETH, a parish in the district of Builth and county of Radnor; on the rivers Vareth and Wye, 2 miles E of Builth r. station. Post town, Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 2,245. Real property, £1,104. Pop., 155. Houses, 25. The property is subdivided. Much of the surface is hill pasture. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Aberedw, in the diocese of St. David's. The church was reported in 1859 as bad.

Llanfaredd through time

Llanfaredd is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfaredd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfaredd, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4968

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfaredd ".