In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfair Talhaearn like this:
LLANFAIR-TALHAIARN, a village and a parish in St. Asaph district, Denbighshire. The village stands on the river Elwy, opposite the wooded park of Garthewin, amid beautiful scenery, 6 miles SSW of Abergele r. station, and 8½ WNW of Denbigh; and has a post office under Abergele, Denbighshire, and an inn.The parish includes the townships of Barog, Botreal, Bryscoed, Brodrachwyn, Bont, Cornwall, Drebach, Melai, Pysllygoed, Talhaiarn, Trebarog, Cilie, Cynnant, and Garthewin. Acres, 11,114. ...
Real property, £5,766. Pop. in 1851, 1,386; in 1861,1,309.. Houses, 290. The property is divided among a few. Garthewin is the seat of B. W. Wynne, Esq. A moated seat of Hedd Molwynog, a prince of one of the ancient Welsh tribes, was within the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £326. * Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is dedicated to St. Talhaiarn, is in good condition, and contains monuments of the Wynnes. Charities, £22.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanfair Talhaearn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanfair Talhaearn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfair Talhaearn, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd July 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfair Talhaearn".