Place:


Llanddulas  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanddulas like this:

LLANDULAS-IN-TYR-ABBOT, a parish in the district of Llandovery, and county of Brecon; on the river Dulas, an affluent of the Wye, and on the Mountain Julian way, under Mynydd-Epynt, and adjacent to Carnmarthenshire, 9 miles NE of Llandovery r. station, and 13 SW of Builth. Post town, Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 3,220. Real property, £365. Pop., 124. Houses, 19. The manor was given by Rhys ap Gruffydd to his abbey of Strata-Florida. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £43. Patron, Col. Gwynne.

Llanddulas through time

Llanddulas is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanddulas itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanddulas, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4962

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanddulas ".