Place:


Barrow  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barrow like this:

BARROW, a parish in Madely district, Salop; on the Much Wenlock railway, 3 miles E of Much Wenlock. Post Town, Much Wenlock, under Wellington-Acres, 3,013 Real property, £3,780. Pop., 365. Houses, 65. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Willey, in the diocese of Hereford. The church was restored in 1850. There is an endowed school with £34 a year.

Barrow through time

Barrow is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barrow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barrow, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4961

Date accessed: 20th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barrow ".