Place:


Mansergh  Westmorland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mansergh like this:

MANSERGH, a township-chapelry in Kirkby-Lonsdale parish, Westmoreland; on the river Lune, 1 mile WSW of Barbon r. station, and 2½ N of Kirkby-Lonsdale. Post town, Kirkby-Lonsdale, under Burton, Westmoreland. Acres, 2,568. Real property, £2,475. Pop., 190. Houses, 35. The property is subdivided. Mansergh Hall is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £110. Patron, the Vicar of Kirkby-Lonsdale. The church is ancient and good.

Mansergh through time

Mansergh is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mansergh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mansergh, in South Lakeland and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4935

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mansergh ".