Place:


Breinton  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Breinton like this:

BREINTON, a parish in the district and county of Hereford and Brecon railway, 2 ½ miles W by S of Hereford. It includes the hamlet of Wareham and a pendicle of Hereford city; and its Post Town is Hereford. Acres, 1,629. Real property, £3,221. Pop., 398. Houses, 83. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £250. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is tolerable; and there are charities £17.

Breinton through time

Breinton is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Breinton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Breinton in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4898

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Breinton ".