Place:


Sheldon  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sheldon like this:

SHELDON, a parish in Honiton district, Devon; 6½ miles NNW of Honiton r. station. Post town, Cullompton. Acres, 1,681. Real property, £1,298. Pop., 180. Houses, 34. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £250. Patron, W. Miles, Esq. The church is ancient. There is a parochial school.

Sheldon through time

Sheldon is now part of East Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sheldon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sheldon in East Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4896

Date accessed: 24th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sheldon ".