Place:


Birley  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Birley like this:

BIRLEY, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; on an affluent of the river Lugg, adjacent to Watling-street, 3¾ miles NW of Dinmore r. station, and 4 ENE of Weobley. Post Town, Weobley. Acres, 1,004. Real property, £1,482. Pop., 190. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of King's-Pion, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is very good.

Birley through time

Birley is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Birley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Birley in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4895

Date accessed: 19th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Birley ".