In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Waldridge like this:
WALDRIDGE, a township in Chester-le-Street parish, Durhamshire; 5½ miles N by W of Durham. Acres, 795. Real property, £4,660; of which £3,430 are in mines, and £300 in railways. Pop. in 1851, 747; in 1861, 945. Houses, 158.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Waldridge has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Chester le Street. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Waldridge and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Waldridge, in Chester le Street and County Durham | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Waldridge".