In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kimbolton like this:
KIMBOLTON, a village and a parish in Leominster district, Hereford. The village stands on an eminence, 2½ miles NE of Leominster r. station. The parish comprises 4, 061 acres. Post town, Leominster. Real property, £5, 258. Pop., 723. Houses, 151. The property is subdivided. About 160 acres are under hops. Traces exist of a Roman camp. The living is a p. curacy, united with the p. curacy of Middleton-on-the-Hill, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £132. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is old and cruciform; has a tower and spire; and was repaired in 1853. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Kimbolton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Herefordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Kimbolton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kimbolton in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kimbolton".