Place:


Clayton le Moors  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clayton le Moors like this:

CLAYTON-LE-MOORS, a chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the Blackburn and Clitheroe railway, at Whalley station, 5½ miles NE of Blackburn. Post town, Whalley, under Blackburn. Acres, 950. Real property, £12, 184; of which £350 are in quarries. Pop., 4, 682. Houses, 902. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a p. curacy in the dio. of Manchester. Value, £120.* Patrons, Trustees. The church is modern. There are Baptist and R. Catholic chapels.

Clayton le Moors through time

Clayton le Moors is now part of Hyndburn district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hyndburn has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clayton le Moors itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clayton le Moors, in Hyndburn and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/487

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clayton le Moors ".