Place:


Rosliston  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rosliston like this:

ROSLISTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Burton-upon-Trent and county of Derby; 2¾ miles W S W of Gresley r. station, and 4½ S by W of Burton-upon-Trent. It has a post-office under Burton-upon-Trent. Acres, 1, 197. Real property, £2, 556. Pop., 382. Houses, 85. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Sir H. M. Desvœux, Bart. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £200.* Patron, the Rev. J. Sutton. The church is good, and has a spire. There are a Baptist chapel and a parochial school.

Rosliston through time

Rosliston is now part of South Derbyshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Derbyshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rosliston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rosliston in South Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4836

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rosliston ".