In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dihewyd like this:
DIHEWID, a parish in Aberayron district, Cardigan; on the rivulet Mydyr, 5 miles SSE of Aberayron, and 9 NW of Lampeter railway station. Post town, Llanarth, under Carmarthen. Acres, 3, 215. Real property, £1, 527. Pop., 454. Houses, 99. The property is divided among a few. There is an ancient camp. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £83. Patrons, the Earl of Lisburne and Major Lewis The church was recently in disrepair.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Dihewyd has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Dihewyd and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dihewyd, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dihewyd".