Place:


North Baddesley  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Baddesley like this:

BADDESLEY (North), a parish in Winchester district, Hants; on the Gosport and Salisbury railway, near Chandler's Ford station, 3½ miles E by S-of Romsey. Post Town, Romsey. Acres, 2,570.-Real property, £1,419. Pop., 258. Houses, 55. The property is divided among a few. Baddesley Hall is a chief residence. The parish is a meet for the Hursley hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £112. Patron, T. Chamberlayne, Esq. The church is good.

North Baddesley through time

North Baddesley is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Baddesley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Baddesley, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4787

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Baddesley ".