Place:


Swarraton  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swarraton like this:

SWARRATON, a parish in Alresford district, Hants; 3 miles NNW of Alresford r. station. Post town, Alresford. Acres, 743. Real property, £892. Pop., 100. Houses, 22. The Grange is the seat of Lord Ashburton. The living is a rectory, united with Northington, in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £110.* Patron, Lord Ashburton.

Swarraton through time

Swarraton is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Swarraton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swarraton, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4779

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Swarraton ".