In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Long Sutton like this:
SUTTON (Long), a parish in the district of Farnborough and county of Southampton; 4¼ miles SSW of Winchfield r. station. Post town, Odiham, under Winchfield. Acres, 2,267. Real property, £2,599. Pop., 301. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £75. Patron, St. Cross Hospital. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Long Sutton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hart. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Long Sutton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Long Sutton, in Hart and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th June 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Long Sutton".