Place:


Eastrop  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eastrop like this:

EASTROP, a parish in Basingstoke district, Hants; on the Basingstoke canal, adjacent to the Southwestern railway, ½ a mile E of Basingstoke. Post town, Basingstoke. Acres, 438. Real property, £1, 142. Pop., 130. Houses, 24. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £73. Patron, the Rev. W. R. Workman. The church is good.

Eastrop through time

Eastrop is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eastrop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eastrop, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4757

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eastrop ".