Place:


Clenchwarton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clenchwarton like this:

CLENCHWARTON, a parish in the district of Wisbeach and county of Norfolk; on the Ouse new estuary and the Lynn and Holbeach railway, 3 miles W of Lynn. It has a post office under Lynn, and a r. station. Acres, 3, 505; of which 435 are water. Real property, £5, 795. Pop., 599. Houses, 133. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Norwich. Value, £489.* Patron, Mrs. Goldfrap. The church is old but good. There are a N.Methodist chapel, and a national school.

Clenchwarton through time

Clenchwarton is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clenchwarton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clenchwarton in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4754

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clenchwarton ".