Place:


Carleton Rode  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carleton Rode like this:

CARLTON-RODE, a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk; 2 miles NE of New Buckenham, and 4 ESE of Attleborough r. station. Post Town, New Buckenham, under Attleborough. Acres, 2,631. Real property, £5,823. Pop., 905. Houses, 203. The property is much subdivided. an ancient rood or cross gave rise to the suffix Rode. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £850.* Patron, Sir R. J. Buxton, Bart. The church is good; and there are a Baptist chapel, a national school, and charities £68.

Carleton Rode through time

Carleton Rode is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carleton Rode itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carleton Rode in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4753

Date accessed: 21st November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Carleton Rode ".