Place:


Briningham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Briningham like this:

BRININGHAM, a parish in Walsingham district, Norfolk; 4 miles SW of Holt, and 7 ESE of Walsingham r. station. It has a post office under Thetford. Acres, 1,041. Real property, £2,413. Pop., 206. Houses, 51. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rev. S. Brereton. The church is tolerable.

Briningham through time

Briningham is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Briningham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Briningham in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4750

Date accessed: 23rd February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Briningham ".