Place:


Beetley  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beetley like this:

BEETLEY, a parish in Mitford district, Norfolk; 2 miles WSW of Elmham r. station, and 4 N by W of East Dereham. Post Town, Elmham, under Thetford. Acres, 1,770. Real property, £2,870. Pop., 363. Houses, 82. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of East Bilney, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is good.

Beetley through time

Beetley is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beetley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beetley, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4744

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beetley ".