Place:


Bedingham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bedingham like this:

BEDINGHAM, a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk; 4 miles NW of Bungay r. station. Post Town, Topcroft, under Bungay. Acres, 1,340. Real property, £2,471. Pop., 288.-Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. Bedingham Hall is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £150* Patrons, the Impropriators. The church is good.

Bedingham through time

Bedingham is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bedingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bedingham in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4743

Date accessed: 21st January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bedingham ".