In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barningham Norwood like this:
BARNINGHAM-NORWOOD, a parish in Erpingham district, Norfolk; 4½ miles ESE of Holt, and 16 ENE of Ryburgh r. station. Post Town, Holt, under Thetford. Acres, 834. Real property, £1,065. Pop., 30. Houses, 8. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in. the diocese of Norwich. Value, £156. Patron, Trustees of late W. H. Wyndham, Esq. The church has an ancient brass, and is tolerable.
Barningham Norwood is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barningham Norwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barningham Norwood in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barningham Norwood ".