Place:


Morley St Botolph  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Morley St Botolph like this:

MORLEY-ST.BOTOLPH, a parish, with a village, in Forehoe district, Norfolk; 3 miles WSW of Wymondham r. station. Post town, Wymondham. Acres, 819. Real property, £1,773. Pop., 278. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with.the p. cnracy of Morley-St. Peter, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £585. * Patron, the Rev.B. Cooper. The church is good; and consists of nave and chancel, with a tower. There are a national school with £8 ayear from endowment, and a fuel allotment worth £27 a year.

Morley St Botolph through time

Morley St Botolph is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Morley St Botolph itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Morley St Botolph in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4736

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Morley St Botolph ".