Place:


Stanford  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanford like this:

STANFORD, a parish, with a village, in Swaffham district, Norfolk; 7 miles NE of Brandon r. station. Post town, Brandon. Acres, 2,608. Real property, £1,166. Pop., 200. Houses, 31. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £80. Patron, the Bishop of N. The church was recently rebuilt.

Stanford through time

Stanford is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanford, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4715

Date accessed: 19th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanford ".