Place:


Shelton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shelton like this:

SHELTON, a parish, with a village, in Depwade district, Norfolk; 3¾ miles E by S of Forncett r. station, and 5¼ N by W of Harleston. Post town, Long Stratton. Acres, 1,292. Real property, £2,260. Pop., 192. Houses, 43. The property is divided chiefly among three. The living is a rectory, united with Hardwick, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £650.* Patron, B. Frank, Esq. The church is good; and there is a national school.

Shelton through time

Shelton is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shelton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shelton in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4710

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shelton ".