Place:


Whitlingham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whitlingham like this:

WHITLINGHAM, a parish in Henstead district, Norfolk; 2½ miles E by S of Norwich r. station. Post town, Norwich. W. Hall belongs to J. H. Harvey, Esq.; and is occupied by the Hon. Capt. Lambert. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value and patron, not reported. The church is a ruin.

Whitlingham through time

Whitlingham is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whitlingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whitlingham in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4686

Date accessed: 13th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whitlingham ".