Place:


Trumpington  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trumpington like this:

TRUMPINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Chesterton district, Cambridgeshire; 2 miles S of Cambridge r. station. It has a post-office under Cambridge. Acres, 2,200. Real property, £6,002. Pop., 716. Houses, 159. T. Hall is the seat of Mrs. Pemberton; Anstey Hall, of E. B. Foster, Esq.; and there are several neat villas. ...


The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £241.* Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is early decorated English, and contains the oldest brass but one in England. There is a national school. The village is mentioned in one of Chaucer's Tales. There is a large national school.

Trumpington through time

Trumpington is now part of Cambridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cambridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trumpington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trumpington, in Cambridge and Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4630

Date accessed: 23rd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trumpington ".