Place:


Little Gransden  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Gransden like this:

GRANSDEN (Little), a parish in Caxton district, Cambridge; contiguous to Great Gransden in Huntingdon, 2 miles NNE of Gamlingay r. station, and 3½ SW of Caxton. Post town, Great Gransden, under Royston. Acres, 1,896. Real property, £1, 811. Pop., 293. Houses, 70. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £300.* Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is modern; and there are a school with £14, and other charities with £31.

Little Gransden through time

Little Gransden is now part of South Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Gransden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Gransden in South Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4619

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Gransden ".