Place:


Brinkley  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brinkley like this:

BRINKLEY, a parish in Newmarket district, Cambridge; 3 miles E of Six-Mile-Bottom r. station, and 5½ S by W of Newmarket. It has a post office under Newmarket. Acres, 1,500. Real property, £2,257. Pop., 317. Houses, 66. The property is divided among a few. Brinkley Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £241.* Patron, St. John's College, Cambridge. The church is old but good. There is an endowed school with £35 a year.

Brinkley through time

Brinkley is now part of East Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brinkley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brinkley in East Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4599

Date accessed: 18th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brinkley ".