In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanddona like this:
LLANDDONA, a parish in the district of Bangor and county of Anglesea; on Red Wharf bay, 3¼ miles NW of Beaumaris, and 7½ NNE of Menai-Bridge r. station. Post town, Beaumaris. Acres, 2,387; of which 470 are water. Real property, £1,644. Pop., 567. Houses, 134. The property is subdivided. The hill called Arthur's Round Table has traces of a Danish fort, and commands a very fine view. Another Danish fort is near the church; and an ancient camp is at Dinas-Silwy. Many of the inhabitants are employed in the herring fishery. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £87. Patron, Lord Boston. The church is dedicated to St. Dona; occupies the site of one built in 610; and was recently in disrepair. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanddona has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of the Isle of Anglesey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanddona and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanddona in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanddona".