Wincham  Cheshire


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wincham like this:

WINCHAM, a township, with a village, in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire; on the Trent and Mersey canal, 2 miles NE by E of Northwich. Acres, 941. Real property, £4,534; of which £950 are in mines. Pop., 642. Houses, 140. W. Hall is the seat of S. P. Townshend, Esq. There are several rock salt mines, and a U. Free Methodist Chapel.

Wincham through time

Wincham is now part of Vale Royal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale Royal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wincham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wincham, in Vale Royal and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 18th March 2018

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wincham ".