Place:


Thurstaston  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thurstaston like this:

THURSTASTON, a township and a parish in Wirral district, Cheshire. The township lies on the estuary of The Dee, 3½ miles SSE of Hoylake r. station. Acres, 2,762; of which 1,515 are water. Real property, £1,219. Pop., 123. Houses, 21. The manor belongs to Col. Clegg. The parish includes parts of Irby and Greasby townships; and its Post town is Birkenhead. Pop., 162. Houses, 30. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Chester. Value, £242.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter ofThe church was rebuilt in 1833.

Thurstaston through time

Thurstaston is now part of Wirral district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wirral has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thurstaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thurstaston, in Wirral and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4578

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thurstaston ".