In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Kimble like this:
KIMBLE (GREAT), a parish in Wycombe district, Bucks; on Icknield street, 2¾ miles NE of Princes-Risborough r. station, and 3¼ SW by W of Wendover. It includes the hamlets of Kimble-Wick and Marsh; and has a letter box under Tring. Acres, 2, 473. Real property, £3, 244. Pop. in 1851, 501; in 1861, 408. Houses, 93. The property is divided among a few. The parish was anciently called Kunebel; is said to have got that name from Cunobelin or Cymbeline, the British king, whose sons made a brave stand here against the Romans; and contains eminences, called Belinus' castle, and Belinesbury, where Cunobelin is supposed to have had fortalices or residences. ...
The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £220. * Patron, G. H.Hampden, Esq. The church is early English, in very bad condition; comprises nave, aisles, and chancel; and contains a Norman font. There are a national school, and charities £8.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Great Kimble has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wycombe. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Great Kimble and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Kimble, in Wycombe and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Great Kimble".