Place:


Eaton by Congleton  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eaton By Congleton like this:

EATON, a township-chapelry in Astbury parish, Cheshire; on the river Dane, 2 miles NNE of Congleton. Acres, 1, 224. Real property, £3, 078. Pop., 485. Houses, 100. Eaton Hall here is the seat of J.Antrobus, Esq.; and was rebuilt in the manner of Crew Hall. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £207. Patron, J.Antrobus, Esq. The church was built in 1857.

Eaton by Congleton through time

Eaton By Congleton is now part of Macclesfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Macclesfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eaton By Congleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eaton by Congleton, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4526

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eaton By Congleton ".