In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brightwalton like this:
BRIGHT-WALTHAM, Brightwalton, or Brickleton, a parish in Wantage district, Berks; near the downs, 7 miles S of Wantage, and 8¼ NW of Newbury r. station. It has a post office under Wantage. Acres, 2,038. Real property, £3,312. Pop., 450. Houses, 91. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Oxford. Value, £700.* Patron, T. R. Harman, Esq. The church and a school are recent; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brightwalton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Berkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brightwalton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brightwalton in West Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brightwalton".