Place:


Little Budworth  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Budworth like this:

BUDWORTH (Little), a parish in Northwich district, Cheshire; on an affluent of the river Weaver, near Delamere forest, 4 miles NE by E of Tarporley, and 4½ SW by W of Hartford r. station. It has a post office under Tarporley. Acres, 2,762. Real property, £3,626. Pop., 582. Houses, 122. ...


The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chester. Value, £85.* Patron, the Bishop of Chester. The ancient church belonged to St. Mary's nunnery in Chester; and the present one was built in 1798. Dodd's almshouses have £130 from endowment; and other charities £62.

Little Budworth through time

Little Budworth is now part of Vale Royal district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale Royal has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Budworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Budworth, in Vale Royal and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4510

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Budworth ".