Place:


Felmersham  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Felmersham like this:

FELMERSHAM, a village and a parish in the district and county of Bedford. The village stands on the river Ouse, 2 miles SW of Sharnbrook r. station, and 7 NNW of Bedford; and has a post office under Bedford. The parish includes also the hamlet of Radwell. Acres, 2, 400. Real property, £2, 039. Pop., 483. Houses, 110. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £177.* Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is early English, cruciform, and good. There are a Methodist chapel, a national school, and charities £12.

Felmersham through time

Felmersham is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Felmersham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Felmersham, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4505

Date accessed: 24th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Felmersham ".