Place:


Hoath  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hoath like this:

HOATH, a village and a parish in Blean district, Kent. The village stands 2¼ miles NW of Grove-Ferry r. station, and 6 NE of Canterbury.—The parish contains also the hamlets of Maypole street and Old-Tree; and its post town is Herne street, under Canterbury. Acres, 898. Real property, £2, 239. ...


Pop., 348. Houses, 78. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Archbishop of Canterbury. Some scanty remains exist here of the archiepiscopal palace of Ford. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Reculver, in the diocese of Canterbury. The church is a neat modern structure, with a tower.

Hoath through time

Hoath is now part of Canterbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Canterbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hoath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hoath, in Canterbury and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4485

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hoath ".