Place:


Llanfair Yn Neubwll  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfair Yn Neubwll like this:

LLANFAIR-YN-ENBWLL, a parish in the district and county of Anglesey; on the strait opposite Holy Island, and on the Chester and Holyhead railway, near Valley r. station, 5 miles SE of Holyhead. Post town, Holyhead. Acres, 1,279; of which 220 are water. Real property, £857. Pop., 357. Houses, 79. The property is much subdivided. Two pools are near the church, and gave rise to the name Yn-Enbwll. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Rhôscolyn, in the diocese of Bangor. The church is early perpendicular Eng1ish, and good.

Llanfair Yn Neubwll through time

Llanfair Yn Neubwll is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfair Yn Neubwll itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfair Yn Neubwll in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4470

Date accessed: 24th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfair Yn Neubwll ".