Place:


Llanefydd  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanefydd like this:

LLANNEFYDD, or LLANYVYDD, a village and a parish in St. Asaph district, Denbighshire. The village stands on the Aled brook, near the river Elwy, 5 miles W of Trefnant r. station, and 5½ NW of Denbigh; and has a post office under Rhyl. -The parish contains the townships of Benaighn, Berron, Bodys-Gaw, BodysGawen, Brydsgaw, Carredfynydd, Dinas-Gadfel, Llechryd-Ty-Celyn, Mofoniog, Penfron-chill, and Tal-y-bryn. ...


Acres, 7,444. Rated property, £4,270. Pop., 1,136. Houses, 246. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £280. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is dedicated to St. Matthew, and was restored in 1859. A handsome national school was built in 1867.

Llanefydd through time

Llanefydd is now part of Conwy district. Click here for graphs and data of how Conwy has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanefydd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanefydd, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4458

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanefydd ".