Place:


Llandyfaelog Fach  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandyfaelog Fach like this:

LLANDEFAILOG-FACH, a hamlet and a parish in the district and county of Brecon. The hamlet lies on the river Honddu, near the Sarn-Helen way, 2½ miles NNW of Brecon town and r. station. Acres, 2,000. Real property, £1,420. Pop., 222. Houses, 47.—The parish contains also the chapelry of Llanfihangel-Fechan, and comprises 4,211 acres. ...


Post town, Brecon. Real property, £2,678. Pop., 400. Houses, 80. The property of the hamlet, as also that of the chapelry, is divided among a few. Llandefailog House and GlanHonddu are chief residences. The land is hilly, but generally fertile. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Valne, £368.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church, excepting the tower, was rebuilt in 1831; underwent improvement in 1857; contains monuments to the Powells, the Watkinses, and others; and is dedicated to St. Maelog. There is a pillar stone, 6 feet high, to Rhain ap Brychan. The p. curacy of Llanfihangel-Fechan is a separate benefice. Charities, £12.

Llandyfaelog Fach through time

Llandyfaelog Fach is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandyfaelog Fach itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandyfaelog Fach, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4447

Date accessed: 19th November 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandyfaelog Fach ".