Place:


Llanrillo Yn Edeirnion  Merionethshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanrillo Yn Edeirnion like this:

LLANDRILLO, a village and a parish in Corwen district, Merioneth. The village stands near the river Dee, in a fine vale, at Milltir-Gerrig pass, under the Berwyn mountains, 5 miles SSW of Corwen r. station; and has a post office under Corwen, and fairs on 25 Feb., 3 May, -July, 28 Aug., and 14 Nov.—The parish comprises the townships of Cilan, Dinam, Faerdref, Garthiaen, Pennant, and Syrior. ...


Acres, 28,200. Real property, £4,578. Pop., 776. Houses, 177. The property is divided among a few. The surface includes much grand scenery of glen and mountain; and the village is a good starting-point for several romantic touring excursions. Slate is quarried. There are a Druidical circle, a cromlech, and some other ancient British antiquities. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £329. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is dedicated to St. Trillo, and is ancient but good.

Llanrillo Yn Edeirnion through time

Llanrillo Yn Edeirnion is now part of Denbighshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Denbighshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanrillo Yn Edeirnion itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanrillo Yn Edeirnion, in Denbighshire and Merionethshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4445

Date accessed: 18th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanrillo Yn Edeirnion ".