Place:


Llandenny  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandenny like this:

LLANDENNY, a village and a parish in the district and county of Monmouth. The village stands on the Olway brook, adjacent to the Pontypool and Monmouth railway, 3½ miles N E of Usk; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Newport, Monmouth. The parish comprises 2,228 acres. Real property, £3,200. Pop., 418. Houses, 92. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £50. Patron, the Duke of Beaufort. The church was reported in 1859, as bad. Charities, £46 and six cottages.

Llandenny through time

Llandenny is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandenny itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandenny in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4440

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandenny ".