Place:


Llandeloy  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandeloy like this:

LLANDELOY, a village and a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke. The village stands near the river Solva, 8 miles W of St. David's, and 10 NW of Haverfordwest r. station; and has a post office under Haverfordwest, and fairs on 1 May, 25 June, and 1 Nov. The parish comprises 1,843 acres. Real property, £1, 269. Pop., 208. Houses, 40. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Llanhowel, in the diocese of St. DaVid's. Value, £140. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Teilaw.

Llandeloy through time

Llandeloy is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandeloy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandeloy in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4438

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandeloy ".