Place:


Jeffreston  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Jeffreston like this:

JEFFRESTON, a village and a parish in Narberth district, Pembroke. The village stands 5 miles N of Manorbier r. station and 6 SSW of Narberth. The parish comprises 2, 343 acres. Post town, Cresselly, under Pembroke. Real property, £2, 580; of which £320 are in mines. Pop., 634. Houses, 138. The property is much subdivided. Coal is worked. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £134. Patrons, the Chapter of St. David's.

Jeffreston through time

Jeffreston is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Jeffreston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Jeffreston in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4405

Date accessed: 17th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Jeffreston ".