Place:


Totteridge  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Totteridge like this:

TOTTERIDGE, a parish, with a village, in the district of Barnet and county of Hertford; 2 miles SW of Barnet r. station. Post town, Barnet. Acres, 1,597. Real property, £4,482. Pop., 573. Houses, 87. The manor belongs to John Lee, Esq. T. House, T. Park, the Priory, Copped Hall, Wyckham House, Pointers Grove, Oak Lodge, and Holme Lodge, are chiefresidences. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Bishops-Hatfield. The church was rebuilt in 1798. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, a lecture-room, and charities £100.

Totteridge through time

Totteridge is now part of Barnet district. Click here for graphs and data of how Barnet has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Totteridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Totteridge, in Barnet and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4397

Date accessed: 21st July 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Totteridge ".