In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walton on the Hill like this:
WALTON-ON-THE-HILL, a parish in Reigate district, Surrey; 2¾ miles N by E of Betchworth r. station, and 4 NW of Reigate. It has a post-office under Epsom. Acres, 2,592. Real property, £2,418. Pop., 475. Houses, 98. The property is subdivided. W. Place is alleged to have been a residence of Anne of Cleves, after her separation from Henry VIII.; and is now a farmhouse. Traces of Roman buildings have been found on W. Heath. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £346.* Patron,H. Carew, Esq. The church is partly Norman, but chiefly modern. There are a national school, and charities £13.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Walton on the Hill has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Reigate and Banstead. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Walton on the Hill and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walton on the Hill, in Reigate and Banstead and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st February 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Walton on the Hill".