In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoke Dabernon like this:
STOKE-D'ABERNON, a parish, with S. village and Oxshot hamlet, in Epsom district, Surrey; on the river Mole, 3 miles NW of Leatherhead r. station. It has a post-office under Cobham. Acres, 2,027. Real property, £2,816. Pop., 368. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. S. House was the seat of the D'Abernons, till the time of Edward III.; passed to the Brays and the Vincents; was visited, in 1623, by Queen Elizabeth; and is now the seat of the Rev. F. P. Phillips. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £418.* Patron, the Rev. F. P. Phillips. The church is partly Norman, and all good. There is a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stoke Dabernon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Elmbridge. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stoke Dabernon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoke Dabernon, in Elmbridge and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd September 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stoke Dabernon".