Place:


Henfynyw  Cardiganshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Henfynyw like this:

HENFYNYW, a parish in Aberayron district, Cardigan; on the coast, at the month of the river Ayron. It contains part of the town of Aberayron: which see. Acres, 2, 261; of which 120 are water. Real property, £1, 732. Pop., 1, 067. Houses, 254. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £115. Patron, the Bishop of St. Davids. The church is indiffferent.

Henfynyw through time

Henfynyw is now part of Ceredigion district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ceredigion has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Henfynyw itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Henfynyw, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/4351

Date accessed: 20th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Henfynyw ".